Thursday 17 January 2002

Hmm, this is interesting

(If you’re interested in this sort of thing.) I just checked out Yuichi Kawasaki’s new Radio blog and noticed that the  <%longDate%> renders as gibberish when the browser’s encoding is set to the Western European character set (either ISO or Windows).

Western European encoding

I’m running Win2K with Japanese set as the default OS language and when I switch to Shift-JIS encoding the Japanese date renders properly, except that uacute is tacked on the end. The macro (or Yuichi-san) seems to be doing something odd with the long date that’s coming from the OS.

Permalink

© Copyright 2002-2003 Jonathon Delacour