Thursday 20 June 2002

Do vampires have anuses?

Thanks to Michael O’Connor Clarke (via David Weinberger), I’ve spent nearly an hour exploring QDB, a database of chat quotes. My favorite so far? #5598:

<Kazz> Do vampires have anuses? Cause that’s why I wouldn’t let this kid invade a vampire’s anus in this RPG, right, I was GMing, and his character was an Anus Shade, with the power to possess and control the anuses of people and animals.. and I figured that vampires don’t have anuses.
<Zaratustra> a vampire’s anus is present, but non-working.
<Zaratustra> like a network card without the appropriate driver.
<Kazz> Wow. You’re the biggest dork on Earth.
<Sharkey> And you’re DMing an rpg with Anus Shades.

Comments

I...
Well.
I just don't know how to feel about that.

Posted by steve on 20 June 2002 (Comment Permalink)

Some games just end up that way. One of my characters has a terrible charisma score; part of how I play it is having her nickname other characters in somewhat less than socially acceptable ways. It isn't every game where you can call another player's character "war whore"...

... fortunately for me, the other player thinks it's hilarious.

Posted by Dorothea Salo on 20 June 2002 (Comment Permalink)

I have days like that too sometimes. There are a surprising number of readily available remedies, with varying degrees of effectiveness.

I'm referring, of course, to network cards.

Posted by Mark Pilgrim on 20 June 2002 (Comment Permalink)

I'm slightly aroused, but also a touch guilty.

Is that weird?

Posted by stavrosthewonderchicken on 21 June 2002 (Comment Permalink)

And it's thanks to you via Michael via David that I spent a large portion of last night laughing until I cried. I had all but forgotten how sick, twisted and funny IRC chatters could be here in my bubble.

Thank you for passing that on. Chris, I think your reaction is just about right.

Posted by sharon o on 21 June 2002 (Comment Permalink)

Incredible.

Posted by Zaratustra on 20 June 2003 (Comment Permalink)

Douchebags.

Posted by Kazz on 21 June 2003 (Comment Permalink)