Sunday 08 September 2002

The full dishwashing monty

AKMA reports from Beantown:

Good news for Jonathon: I grabbed snapshots of Si manipulating the Bottlematique. Another dishwasher for the Sudsy Studs of Cyberspace Calendar!

Does the imagination of our peripatetic pastor know no bounds? First he organizes the intellectual blogging elite by establishing the University of Blogaria; now he’s figured out how to commercialize the Blogarian male’s fascination with dishwashing implements. The Sudsy Studs of Cyberspace Calendar, on sale at a quality bookstore near you.

Twelve slots to fill, guys. Plenty of freshly scrubbed hunks to choose from: AKMA, Si, Jeff Cheney, Kevin Laurence, Eric Grevstad, Steve Himmer, myself… nominations are now officially declared open. I assume we’ll all have to appear nude, with sudsy substances deployed in the necessary places.

But David Salo will have to make a stronger commitment to dishwashing modernity than a dishcloth and couple of nylon scrubby pads if he has any expectation of appearing as Mr August.

Comments

I've changed my mind - maybe I'm not *that* interested in seeing what people look like ;-)

Posted by Bill Simoni on 8 September 2002 (Comment Permalink)

So, does this mean I get to be April..?

Posted by Kevin Laurence on 10 September 2002 (Comment Permalink)

Hmph. It's all about the technology. Why bother showing the men at all, Jonathon?

<comment sexism="gratuitous">
I mean, really, my husband just looks hot in an apron.
</comment>

Posted by Dorothea Salo on 10 September 2002 (Comment Permalink)

Kevin, since AKMA conceived the calendar idea, it's only fair to allow him to match the studs and the months.

Dorothea, your question is better directed to AKMA. My guess, however, is that he is drawing attention to how *men* have embraced dishwashing *technology* -- and that women are the main beneficiaries of this revolution in domestic work practices. What then could be more pleasing to the female gaze than a bunch of studs lathering up to wash the dishes? (BTW, as far as I'm aware, aprons will not be permitted.)

Posted by Jonathon Delacour on 10 September 2002 (Comment Permalink)

Wahoo! It's a good thing I started working on my all-over tan this past Sunday at the nude section of Muir Beach.

Posted by Jeff Cheney on 10 September 2002 (Comment Permalink)

I personally pledge to buy 100 copies. Gifts you know...

Posted by Burningbird on 10 September 2002 (Comment Permalink)